Monday, April 7, 2008

WATCH OUT!




Last week I went to the LA Kings hockey game vs. the San Jose Sharks. Midway through the first period, the puck whizzed over the Kings bench, through an opening leading to the dressing room, and screamed into the stands. And wouldn't you know, it hit the girl two seats down from me in the leg, and hopped into the hot dog wrapper of the girl sitting next to me!!! She picked it up and handed it to me. WHAT ARE THE ODDS! Getting a puck from the game! Its like catching a fly ball or a stray tennis ball that goes into the crowd (does that happen?). Oh yeah, the girl... She didn't know what happened, but seemed to be ok. Just a little shaken up and slightly flustered from all the attention. I realized however, the puck wasn't mine to keep. After all, I wasn't the one who got hit. So, reluctantly, I handed it over to her.
She didn't seem to know what happened, but put the frozen puck on her leg as a joke. Shortly after they all got up and left. So close to getting a puck... The Kings season is over sadly, but next year I'll try again. - Chris
P.S. In case you are wondering, the picture is of Sean Avery, former Kings player, and hottie girlfriend at the time Elisha Cuthbert. And you are right, it's not really related to my story. But its a cool hat.

No comments: