Saturday, January 5, 2008

QUOTES

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
- Galileo Galilei

"They might try to assassinate me. I have prepared my family and my loved ones for any possibility."
- Benazir Bhutto, talking to newspaper before her return to Pakistan in October. She was assassinated on December 27.

Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity.
- John Lennon

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
- Mohandas Gandhi

"The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th."
-George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., July 12, 2007

No comments: